This strawberry coconut chia pudding is an easy summer snack or dessert made with just 5 simple ingredients! Naturally gluten free, nut free, and easily made vegan.
Things I’ve learned about having a broken wrist:
I can use a can opener by using it to punch 50 holes along the rim of its lid.
My fingers on my cast hand really smell (TMI? I swear I’m not unhygienic… I think the cast material gives them a weird odour).
Sports bras are a (one handed) girl’s best friend.
My armpit makes an awesome grip in lieu of my left hand.
A girls shopping day with your mom sucks when you struggle to try anything on.
Meals and snacks that only require one hand are my go to right now.
Enter this strawberry coconut chia pudding. Is it just me or is pudding the ultimate I’m-sick/injured/sad-and-I-feel-sorry-for-myself food? It reminds me of that scene in The Devil Wears Prada when Emily Blunt is in the hospital and ranting while shoveling chocolate pudding in her face.
I’ve done chocolate chia pudding before, but I wanted to go a more fruity route with this strawberry coconut chia pudding, Made with creamy coconut milk and fresh strawberries, it’s a luscious treat that tastes just like summer! It’s also nut free and gluten free, and easily made vegan with a few swaps. And lucky for me, it’s easy to whip up too… once I’ve gotten through punching 50 holes on the rim of the coconut milk can, that is.
- 1 cup full fat canned coconut milk
- ½ cup milk or non-dairy milk of your choice
- ¾ cup sliced fresh ripe strawberries
- 2 tsp honey (sub maple syrup if vegan)
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- Strawberries, shredded coconut, and cacao nibs for topping
- In a blender combine the coconut milk, milk, strawberries, and honey. Blend until combined then transfer to a container with a lid.
- Stir in the chia seeds then let sit in the fridge for at least 6 hours until it is thickened up.
- After 6 hours, remove from the fridge and add more milk if needed. Divide among 4 bowls and add toppings before serving.
Have you ever struggled in the kitchen due to an injury?