When was the last time I did a life update on this blog? Like a real legit life update rather than just a nutrition or recipe post? Well my blog search tells me that it’s been since last summer that I did my last “Chelsea Lately” post – yikes. I don’t have enough time to recap all that time, but I’ll start from a few weeks ago!
1. I’m having a bit of a power struggle. Literally. Two weeks ago our fridge lost power in the middle of the night and forced us to throw out all of our meat including the pork tenderloin I had been marinating in garlic and rosemary for that night’s dinner. I may have shed a few tears – okay I did. I cry when I’m frustrated okay?
Then over the weekend our stove lost power and our landlords called in a technician to fix it. And he did – except it lost power again the following evening just as I was about to make these goat cheese stuffed portabello mushrooms. We seriously can’t catch a break! Luckily it’s fixed again… for now.
2. Let’s go back to happier times, shall we? We had a great Thanksgiving a few weeks ago, and even better weather! John had to do some work over the weekend, but I dragged him away long enough to explore a new-to-me hiking trail at Kerncliff Park in Burlington.
The rest of the weekend involved lots of turkey, lots of dessert, and of course the Norfolk County Fair. Can’t miss those giant pumpkin displays! Actually I used to always look forward to the duck races, but those have been replaced by flashier shows of diving pirates. Seriously.
3. I’m still trying to get a hang of this whole adulting thing. Balancing everything is tough, and I feel like I’m not seeing my friends as often as I used to. So I was pysched to have some good old fashioned girl time with my friend Andrea last weekend! We made this kale and brussels sprout caesar slaw and a pear cardamom crisp and spent the night talking men, work, and dietitian-y things.
4. Several weeks ago I started getting really of doing the same old workouts all the time at GoodLife Fitness. Around the same time I came across this workout program and decided to give it a go. I can’t say I’m following it to a tee – I tend to replace the 20 minutes of HIIT with 10 minutes of regular cardio, and I take more days off than it says – but so far it’s been the perfect mix of doable and challenging. Plus I’m in and out of the gym in 45 minutes, which is awesome.
5. Our friends are starting to get married. WHAT. Are we really that old? We had one wedding at the end of the summer, and then in September I was one of the maids of honour (there were two of us!) in my close friend’s wedding. It took place at the Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory, which was seriously magical. And I discovered I’m a wedding crier.
6. I’m not a politics person. I once even googled “Canadian politics for dummies” – ha! It’s not that I was never interested in politics, it’s just that I was overwhelmed with it. I mean how does someone catch up on 148 years of politics? But with our election this fall, I actually got kind of into it and started obsessively listening to CBC Radio 1 every morning. You know you’re officially an adult when your radio station is perma-set to the news, am I right?
So that’s life in a nutshell.
What’s new with you guys?
This post was written as a part of the GoodLife Fitness Blogger Ambassador Program, however all opinions expressed are my own.