Well, I guess that’s it for 2014. It was quite a year. I completed the last seven months of my dietetic internship, fell in love, flew overseas for the first time, and experienced tragedy, joy, and everything in between.
I wish I had some wise words about all the lessons I learned this year, but the only thing that comes to mind is that I learned to not post a negative opinion of a restaurant on your blog – even if you don’t identify it by name – because they. will. find. you.
Um yeah, my bad. Otherwise 2014 was a great year on the blog with lots of improvements, new readers, and of course new recipes. I’ve rounded up the top 10 most popular recipes from my blog today to recap a great year!
From left to right:
1. Blueberry vanilla energy balls
2. Vegan tempeh chili
3. Healthy oat and flax date squares
4. Roasted fall vegetables with sage, Parmesan, and balsamic reduction
5. Kefir breakfast bowl
6. Cheesy baked cauliflower
7. Easy homemade chicken noodle soup
8. Cacao avocado pudding
9. Spring chickpea quinoa salad
10. Vegan coconut oil chocolates
Along with recipes, in 2014 I also focused on posting more food and nutrition related posts. I write these posts partially because I enjoy writing them, and partially because blogging is my only outlet for it – my family and JZ always stop me 5 minutes into my nutrition rants, when I could easily go on for 30 minutes! Luckily you guys never tell me to shut up.
These are the top 10 most viewed non-recipe posts this year:
1. 5 ways to add protein to your oatmeal
2. First step to weight loss
3. Why Registered Dietitians are the best source of nutrition advice
4. Things you should consider when reading my blog
5. Is coconut oil good for you?
6. 10 ways to keep fruits and vegetables fresh for longer
7. Are “healthy choices” on restaurant menus actually healthy?
8. 10 tips for shopping at farmers markets
9. Nut butter alternatives for nut allergies
10. How to choose a healthy granola bar
What was your favourite recipe from my blog this year? Favourite post?