One of my biggest pet peeves about living back with my parents is their pack rat tendencies. When doing my Christmas baking back in December, I discovered six (six!!!) containers of fancy molasses in their pantry. Then a few weeks ago I found four squeeze bottles of honey. And you don’t even want to know how many half opened packages of chocolate chips are in there.
Maybe that works for some people, but personally it drives me nuts! I like only having one of each item in my kitchen at a time. So when I discovered I had 2 jars of fig butter, I made it my mission to use one of them up. The result was these energy balls – the perfect quick, tasty, no bake snack!
- ¼ cup natural almond butter
- 3 tbsp fig butter or fig jam
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 3 tbsp ground flax
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp raisins or chopped dried figs
- Pinch of salt
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together the almond butter, fig butter/jam, and vanilla.
- Add in the oats, flax, cinnamon, raisins, and salt, and stir until everything is combined.
- Then use your hands to press the mixture into about 8 balls. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
After making a few batches of these, I managed to get one jar of fig butter all used up! And now it’s time to tackle those bottles of honey…
Are you a food hoarder?