Sometimes I think we have a tendency to over-complicate healthy eating.
We tend to think we need to spend all our time in the kitchen making raw dehydrated kale chips and homemade almond milk in order to be healthy, which is not the case at all. Making elaborate foods can be fun, but certainly not necessary. And if you’re pressed for time, sometimes simple is the way to go.
In fact some of my favourite foods are ridiculously simple: oatmeal with banana and almond butter, baked sweet potatoes, pan fried salmon with lemon and parsley, roasted root vegetables, and this lemon soy grilled tofu:
With only 3 ingredients total, it’s a delicious way to prepare tofu that won’t eat up 60 minutes of your day while you combine 1393929 different marinade ingredients. Ain’t nobody got time for that!
- Half 1-lb block of extra firm tofu
- ½ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley (optional)
- Combine lemon juice and soy sauce in a shallow dish.
- Press water out of tofu then cut into triangles. Place in marinade and let sit for 15 minutes. Then flip it over and let sit for another 10-15 minutes.
- Cook on a preheated grill until grill marks appear on each side. If you don't have a grill, pan fry in ½ tbsp oil until golden.
I like to eat this tofu with a side of brown rice (cooked in a batch ahead of time!) and vegetables. Or if I’m feeling fancy, it tastes awesome on top of a rice bowl.
This one contains lemon soy grilled tofu, brown rice, kale massaged with avocado + lemon + salt, shredded carrots, avocado, a scoop of hummus, lemon tahini sauce, and parsley – it’s one of my favourites!
What’s your favourite super easy healthy recipe?
This post is linked up to Healthy Vegan Fridays over at Hello Veggy‘s blog – go check out all the other delicious submissions!