I just love pudding. It’s so fun to say. Pudding. Pudding. Puuudding.
… Anyone else know where that’s from?
Thinking of that quote makes me miss The OC. Actually, I miss a lot of shows that I watched in high school. I swear that was the best era for tv. Gilmore Girls, Everwood, The OC, and Grey’s Anatomy were all weekly musts for me! But these days I find I don’t watch tv as much, and I don’t really have any shows I’m particularly attached to.
On the plus side that means I have a lot more time to spend in the kitchen to whip up tasty recipes like this chocolate coconut chia pudding!
- 1-1/4 cups of canned light coconut milk
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- Mix together the ingredients (note: you may have to stir quite a bit to mix in the cacao powder, but it will eventually become smooth).
- Cover and place in the fridge overnight, or for at least 5-6 hours.
Other than in pudding, I also love to use chia seeds in my oatmeal, in baked goods, and sprinkled on top of a bowl of yogurt, cereal, and fruit. They may be small, but these little guys pack a huge punch of nutrition. In just a 2 tbsp serving you get:
- About 8 g of fibre – that’s more fibre than 1.5 cups of All Bran Flakes!
- Over 10% of your daily calcium needs
- More than 3 g of protein
- Over 100% of your daily omega 3 fatty acid requirements
So not only is this pudding delicious, but it’s also pretty darn healthy as well! And I’d much rather have chocolate pudding than a bowl of bran flakes – wouldn’t you agree?
What were your favourite tv shows in high school?
What are your favourite tv shows now?