Guess what?! Exam #1 is done! And I think it went really well. Now my next exam isn’t until Friday, so I have a bit of time to take a break and catch you up on my weekend, which other than studying, involved a new recipe.
On Saturday night I decided I needed a break from my books, so I did some recipe testing and ended up with these amazing healthy salmon cakes. Unlike most fish cakes, these are totally mayo-free, but still full of flavour! I served them with a lemon dill Greek yogurt dip, which is like a healthy twist on tzatziki sauce. Along with some Greek roasted potatoes and steamed green beans, this was a delicious and easy dinner!
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and stir, then mix with hands to help it stick together. Form 4 equal sized patties and bake on a a baking sheet for about 8-10 minutes on each side. Serve with lemon and dill Greek yogurt dip (recipe below).
- 1 can of boneless skinless salmon
- 1 green onion, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1.5 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup egg whites
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 1.5 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp dried dill
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine all the salmon, green onion, chopped parsley, breadcrumbs, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and egg whites in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and stir to combine. Mix with hands to help it stick together.
- Form 4 equal sized patties and bake on a a baking sheet for about 8-10 minutes on each side.
- For the dip, combine the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, and dried dill in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
How do you like to use canned fish?